Best Point and Shoot Digital Cameras 2021
Point and Shoot Digital Cameras are compact, easy to use and take great pictures with little effort. You simply just press the shutter button and the point and shoot camera will automatically adjust the settings, focus, shutter speed, and the aperture for you. This is why people are in love with these type of cameras.
Many people are confused about buying point and shoot digital cameras. People these days think that the higher the megapixel, the better the camera. This is not always true as more megapixels don’t make for better photos these days. The megapixels are so high these days on point-and-shoot cameras that you will not make prints large enough to take advantage of all those extra pixels.
When purchasing a point and shoot camera, make sure you research these features:
- Design – The camera should be small enough to fit your pocket or purse. It should also be light weight.
- Quality at High ISO – If you purchase a camera that performs well at higher ISO settings, it will make it possible to take blur-free photos in lower light.
- Image Stabilization – This is a must feature that you should look out for when purchasing a point-and-shoot digital camera.
- Ease of Use – Point and shoot digital cameras should not be hard to use. Make sure the buttons and dials are low in numbers. Everything should be easy to use.
- Display Resolution – You will be using your camera’s read LCD to review photos so the quality has to be there. You should be looking for cameras that comes with at least a 2.5 inch display.
- Battery Life – A long battery life means that you will never have to worry about the camera running low on battery on trips or events. These days, the majority of the point and shoot digital cameras will come with lithium-ion batteries that are rechargeable and small.
- HD Video Recording – Most point-and-shoot cameras will capture video, but you should get one that can record in HD. You do not need full 1080p resolution. A camera that records in 720p is more than enough.
These point and shoot cameras digital cameras are ranked by features and price.
The Canon PowerShot A2500 is a 16MP camera with 5x optical zoom. It will produce high resolution pictures for the big printouts.
The Canon PowerShot A2500 comes with smart auto mode. It will recognize 32 shooting situations and automatically pick out the best shooting settings for optimal quality based on the environment. It also comes with DIGIC 4 image processor, 720p HD video recording, and ECO mode to reduce power consumption.
The reason why it ranks at #1 for point and shoot camera is because it’s lightweight, small, loads of features and has a price tag of under $100.
The Panasonic LUMIX DMC-ZS30K is a great camera. It features a 24 mm ultra wide-angle with a 20x optical zoom LEICA DC lens, nano surface coating technology for exceptional optical performance with stunning clarity, large 3.0-inch multi-touch hi-res LCD display, 18.1 MP high sensitivity MOS sensor, HD video, GPS, NFC and WiFi. You can shoot on full automatic or take control with aperture, shutter, or full manual priority.
The ZS30 quite small and light. The extra zoom on this camera is great. The ZS30 has 5 axis correction.
In portrait mode and auto-flash, the ZS30 will accurately reflect the correct colors.
The Panasonic LUMIX DMC-ZS30K also features a awesome app which will let you take pictures with your iPhone. This means no more running to pose before it takes a shot. Although this camera is better than the Canon PowerShot A2500, it will also cost you four times as much.
The PowerShot ELPH 330 features a 12.1 MP DIGIC 5 CMOS Sensor, 10x optical zoom 24mm wide-angle lens, smart auto, intelligent IS, 1080p full HD video recording, high speed AF, high speed burst up to 6.2 frames, and ECO mode to reduce power consumption.
The camera itself is quite small and will fit into your pocket. It takes excellent auto setting, but you can also change the settings manually. There are a large list of shooting modes for pretty much every situtation.
The PowerShot ELPH 330 comes with 12.1 MP with 10x optical zoom with anti-shake features to keep your pictures sharp. The WiFi feature allows for wirelessly transferring photos to iOS and PC.