Sodastream Review – How Does It Compare To Regular Soda?
We all love soda, including me of course, but what prevents most of us from drinking too much is because of health issues. Drinking too much soda will lead to obesity, diabetes and other health issues. It’s an addiction we must all get rid of… or do we?
This is where Sodastream comes in and promises that their product can turn regular water into a healthier soda. I have to say it was hard to believe that a at-home-machine like Sodastream could turn water into great taste soda, but after the first attempt at making diet lemon lime soda, I am now a believer.
Here’s a 2 minute video showing SodaStream in action:
Pretty cool right? It’s simple and easy to use.
Soda Stream Benefits
- Health – We all know regular soda is bad for you which could lead to health issues such as obesity and diabetes. Sodastream offers a healthier alternative with less sugar, carbs and calories.
- Cheaper than Soda – This is also a major concern for a lot of people who are considering to switch to Sodastream. SodaMix (the flavor) will range from $4.99-$9.99 which will let you make about 12 liters or 33 cans of fresh soda. On average, your soda will only cost about 25 cents per can.
- Save Space – Instead of having all the bottles and soda cans laying around, you have a Sodastream instead that only takes up a small amount of counter space.
- Lots of Flavors – Currently, SodaStream offers over 50+ flavors and more will be released
- Convenience – No more needing to go to the local grocery store just because you had a craving for soda. You can now make soda in the comfort of your home in less than 30 seconds.
- Initial Investment – The Fountain Jet Starter Kit will cost you $79.95 and will come with everything you need to make your own soda in less than 30 seconds without the mess.
- Replace Carbonator Cylinder – Replacing your 14.5 oz. CO2 carbonator cylinder will cost you $30 and will produce 60 liters of soda or seltzer. The carbonator is what makes normal water into soda. 60 liter is a lot of soda, so these will last you for awhile.
Even with the initial investment and replacing the carbonator, you will eventually save money in the long run.
This is one of the biggest factor that a lot of people have when purchasing a Sodastream. They have a lot of flavors that are as good as my favorite soda brands and some flavors that are not so great. It really depends on your taste buds. The good thing is that Sodastream has a large collection of flavors so finding a couple of flavors you like won’t be that hard.
My Favorite SodaMix (Flavors)
The cola and diet cola flavors are below average and not that good. I can’t believe that the cola flavors are below average especially when Coke and Pepsi are so popular.
- The Best: Cranberry Raspberry, Diet Lemon Lime, Diet Ginger Ale & Ginger Ale, Dr. Pete, Energy Drink and Caffeine Free Orange.
- The “NOT SO GOOD”: Cola & Diet Cola, and Caffeine Free Root Beer.
You may or not agree to which I think is good or bad as this is strictly my own opinion. I would recommend getting the SodaStream Sodamix Variety Pack if you wish to try the flavors before purchasing a Sodamix.
Is SodaStream For You?
I definitely love my Sodastream as soda made with this machine has 1/3 less sugar, calories and carbs than your average soda brought from the store. Health issues were one of the biggest reason I decided to purchase the Sodastream machine, but now that I’ve had this machine for awhile, I’ve also noticed that I’ve saving a lot of money compared to buying soda from the local grocery store.
If you are new to the Sodastream family, I would recommend the Fountain Jet Starter Kit which includes everything you need to make soda in your own home.