Nest Learning Thermostat – Automatically Saving You Money
Nest Learning Thermostat is an amazing new Thermostat that will remember the temperatures you like at certain times during the day and night and will automatically program itself to remember these temperatures saving you money. It can even lower the temperature or turn off the air conditioner when no one is at home. You can also control Nest Thermostat remotely when you are not at home using your laptop, smartphone or tablet. Still confused about Nest Thermostat? No problem, here’s a quick video explaining what the Nest Thermostat does:
The Nest Learning Thermostat is a very nice looking thermostat with a nice design and a lot of features built in to save you money.
Nest Learning Thermostat Features
- Nest learns when you change the temperature so just treat it like a normal thermostat. It will then be able to learn from your habits such as temperatures during the day, at night or when no one is at home.
- Auto Away – Nest has a 150 degree wide-angle view which will sense when you are gone and will automatically adjust the temperature to avoid heating or cooling an empty home. All of this will be done within 2 hours of you leaving.
- Simple to use – Just turn dial to change temperature
- Remotely control your Thermostat with a laptop, tablet or smartphone
- Airwave – Cuts up to 30% of your AC’s run time automatically
- Energy history lets you know how much you’ve saved
- Slick and cool design
Facts About Your Thermostat You Didn’t Know
- Your thermostat controls half your energy bill
- Your thermostat already has a programmable feature that lets you change the temperature at certain time, but 90% of the people aren’t programming them properly because it’s complex.
- Changing your temperature by 1 degree can save you up to 5%
Difference Between Nest Thermostat and Your Current Thermostat
Did you know that your current thermostat already has a programmable feature that lets you set temperatures at certain times? The problem with your current thermostat is that it’s extremely hard to program and 90% of the people aren’t doing setting it up correctly.
Nest makes it a lot easier as it will automatically remember the temperature you set at day and night and will program itself according to your habits. So just turn it up when you are cold and down when you are hot. Just treat it as a normal thermostat and let Nest do it’s job by remembering your temperature adjustments. Within a week, Nest will setup a schedule for your home such as setting away temperatures when no one is at home to avoid heating or cooling an empty house.
Control Your Thermostat Even If You Aren’t Home
The WiFi feature of the Nest Learning Thermostat is one of my favorite feature because you can remotely control your thermostat even when you are on vacation or aren’t home. Let’s say you are going out to eat with your family so you set the Nest Thermostat to away temperature. Once you are done eating and driving back home, you can set the thermostat back to normal so the house will be cool once you’re home.
Installing The Nest Learning Thermostat
Installing the Nest Thermostat is a simple process, but it could be hard for a lot of people who has no experience with installing power outlets or a overhead lighting fixture. I would recommend you reading the guide on how to install the Nest Learning Thermostat before you buy it. If you aren’t comfortable with installing the Nest Thermostat, you can ask Nest (855-4MY-NEST) for local professional installers near you. These installers are trained to installed the Nest Thermostat. You should be able to find a few of them around you.
Once the nest learning thermostat is installed, you can now setup the WiFi information and configure your Nest for your heating and cooling. The nest learning thermostat will then ask a few questions about your home and schedule to help it’s learning process. After you answer these questions, the temperature screen will show and you can change the temperature by just turning the dial. That’s it.
Is Nest Worth The Price?
I think the Nest Thermostat is really cool and has a lot of features that will save you money and make your life easier. I also love the design of the nest thermostat which doesn’t matter to some people, but it’s a plus for me. It’s very easy to use as all you need to do is turn the dial to set the temperature.
The only thing that I do not like about the Nest Learning Thermostat is the price tag of $249 which is expensive, but Nest will pay for itself over time so it’s definitely worth the price. I would recommend buying the Nest Learning Thermostat from Amazon as there is no shipping charges and no taxes in most states.