Parallels Desktop – Run Windows And Linux Apps On Mac
Parallels Desktop for Mac is your one solution for running Windows and Linux applications on your Mac without needing a reboot. If you are a Mac user that needs to test your applications in a Windows or Linux environment, you will love Parallels Desktop seamless integration with a ton of features to help make your life easier. You don’t need to be a developer to use Parallels Desktop as it’s for anyone who wants to use their favorite Windows program on Mac.
Installing Parallels Desktop is simple and once you are done, you will be able to enjoy Windows on a Mac. Parallels Desktop allows users to run Windows programs as if they were designed for your Mac.
Parallels Desktop 8 Features
- Speak – Use the new Mountain Lion Dictation tool across both Windows and Mac environments
- Internet Explorer – When a website doesn’t render well within Safari, launch it in Internet Explorer with a click of a button
- Drag and drop email attachments – Simply drag and drop files from the desktop onto the Dock icons for Outlook and other Windows email
- Multilingual keyboard – Keyboard language changes made on the Mac automatically sync, to simplify switching languages in Windows
- Parallels Wizard – Download and automatically install Windows or other operating systems (OSes) including Google Chrome OS, Ubuntu and Android on your Mac. Parallels Desktop customers have downloaded more than 500,000 copies of Windows using the Parallels Wizard to-date, and many additional customers have moved their Windows PCs to their Mac or added Windows and other OSes
- Bluetooth-sharing – Multiple Windows and Mac devices can now share Bluetooth connections
- Windows apps on OS X Launchpad – Add Windows applications to the Mountain Lion or Lion Launchpad to quickly launch Mac and Windows applications used most
- Consolidated notifications – Integration of Windows notifications into the Mac OS X Notification Center makes it easy to stay updated on Windows virtual machine operations
- Resource monitoring – Disk space and memory usage of virtual machines are conveniently displayed for easy customization and management
- Mountain Lion gestures for Windows apps – Enjoy seamless integration of Mountain Lion gestures with Windows apps such as pinch to zoom, Mission Control, three-finger drag, swipe between full-screen apps, two-finger scroll, Launchpad and rotate
Parallels Desktop 8 (Build 8.0.18101) Updates
- Improved support for multi-display configurations that include Retina and non-Retina displays.
- Improved Full Screen support in single and multi-display configurations.
- Resolves an issue with the keyboard malfunctioning in the Coherence (non-Crystal) view mode.
- Resolves an issue with Flash video playback in the Chrome browser for Windows.
- Resolves an issue with the mouse moving too fast on Mac computers with Retina displays when SmartMouse is disabled.
- Dragging and dropping from OS X to Windows 8 now works correctly on Mac computers with Retina displays.
- In Parallels Desktop Preferences, you can now disable hiding or showing Parallels Desktop using the F6 key.
Parallels Desktop strives on performance, stability, quality and speed which is why they are always releasing updates.
Parallels Desktop Hardware Requirements
- A Mac with an Intel Core or Xeon Processor
- At least 2GB of memory
- 700MB of disk space
- 15GB disk space for each virtual machine
- Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8, Lion 10.74 or later, Snow Leopard 10.6.8 or later
Parallels Desktop is #1
When it comes to the best selling and the top rated software for running Windows applications on a Mac, Parallels Desktop is the best. No other software can let you run Windows applications on a Mac as easy as Parallels Desktop. Parallels Desktop lets you run both Mac and Windows seamlessly at the same time and without rebooting. You can drag and drop files between your Mac and your virtual windows, launch Windows applications from your Mac dock and much more.
Parallels Desktop is basically a virtual machine that will let you run Windows OS (both 32 and 64-bit editions) on a Mac. Even the new Windows 8 is supported by Parallels Desktop. They also support a huge list of other OS including Linux. Once installed, you will have a whole new OS in a windowed setting. Switching from Mac to your new OS is simple and quick. You can also work in your new OS with ease.
Overall, Parallels Desktop is a must if you want to run Windows or any OS applications on a Mac. It’s the best tool on the market for running any OS applications on a Mac. Parallels Desktop offers free trials for 14 days so you should take advantage of it to see if this software is for you.