Top Three Best Dog Clippers Under $150
As you already know, it could cost around $50-$100 every 6 months depending on the breed and size of the dog to get it groomed. So buying dog clippers would be a good investment. It would pay for itself in just two visits. If you’ve never groomed a dog before, I would recommend checking out the how to groom dog wiki page just to see what you’re getting into. If you’re comfortable with grooming your own dog, then here are the top three picks for the best dog clippers under $150.
#1: Andis 22360 AGC Super 2-Speed Professional Animal Clipper with Locking Blade
- All-purpose clipper for a wide variety of animals – The Andis Super 2-Speed clipper is the ideal choice to give your pet a quick grooming or a full-coat trim. It has two speeds which are very powerful: 3400 and 4400 strokes per minute and is equipped with a 4×4 blade with 25% more blade torque.
- Comfortable grooming for your pet – The Andis 22360 2-speed clipper’s motor always runs cool and requires no vents or fans which will minimize the maintenance process. These clippers are also very quiet so that it will even please the most sensitive animals.
- Virtually maintenance-free – There is no need for oiling or greasing of internal parts of the clippers. Also, the removable drive cap makes it easy for cleaning.
- UltraEdge #10 blade included – This is a CeramicEdge detachable blade that cuts easily for fast and safe trimming. These blades stays up to 75% cooler than conventional steel blades and stays sharper longer. You can detach the blades with ease for quick cleaning and changing.
- UltraEdge, CeramicEdge, and ShowEdge blades compatible – The Andis clippers will work with these blades which has the largest selection in the industry. Also works with Oster A-5 blades
- Built for reliable and quality – These clippers can withstand harsh chemicals as the motor is sealed within the housing for a cool and quiet long life.
- Andis 22360 Super 2-Speed Clipper
- Size 10 UltraEdge Blade
- Animal Safe Clipper Oil
- Extra blade drive
Andis Clippers are outstanding dog clippers and will last for years. These clippers are used by most groomers and will will practically last forever if you take good care of it. You can get the Andis 22360 on Amazon for a good price.
#2: Oster A5 Turbo 2-Speed Professional Clipper for Animals
- Powerful rotary motor
- Cooler running for cooler handling
- Compatible with Oster CryogenX detachable blades
- Detachable blade system for quick and easy changes.
- 2 speeds: 3,000 strokes per minute and 4,000 strokes per minute
- The Oster A5 Turbo 2-Speed Professional Animal Clipper
- Standard Oster #10 blade
- Blade guard & blade oil
- Cleaning brush & extra brush
- Spring set
The Oster A5 Turbo 2-Speed model cuts easy and smooth. They will not wear out and you can get the blades sharpen at your local pet store. The Oster A5 Turbo 2-Speed clippers are definitely good for it’s price.
#3: Wahl 9590-210 Pro-series
- 14 piece kit contains everything you need to groom your pet
- 47% more power thanks to the powerdrive cutting system which will cut even the thickest of hair
- Self-sharpening & high-carbon steel blades. Stays sharp longer
- Professional features
- Comfortable and painless grooming
- Includes a step-by-step “how to” DVD
- Choice from cord/cordless operation
- 1 year warranty
- Rechargeable cord/cordless clipper
- Recharging unit
- Blade guard
- Handle storage case, oil, cleaning brush
- Medium comb
- 4 guides and “how to” DVD
Overall, the Wahl 9590-210 Pro-series are solid dog clippers. It does the job well and is a lot cheaper than the Andis 22360 and the Wahl 9590-210 Pro-series. The Andis and Wahl models are a lot better in terms of quality if you can afford the price, but if you can’t, The Wahl 9590-210 is a solid unit. Buy the Wahl 9590-210 Pro-series.